Solved

Is there any way to rotate a barcode in Report Designer?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’m trying to recreate a label design we have been using previously with another package.  The barcode is rotated 90 degrees at the side of the item code and name.  Is there any way to do this in Acumatica Report Designer?

Thanks,

Phil

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 3 June 2022, 05:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ppowell  I don’t think Rotate option is available for the Barcode settings in the Acumatica report.

You can submit this as an idea in the Acumatica forum.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga Thanks for answering.  I suspected there was no way but was secretly hoping I missed something.  We’ve redesigned that label now as a result so it’s not an issue any longer but it certainly would be a nice option to be able to rotate images and text in the report designer.

Thanks again,

Phil

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

One caveat here: If you just want to print barcode labels from Acumatica, then you can set the rotation in the label code that you send to the printer, and accomplish it that way. I’ve been prototyping label printing a lot lately, so I can help you a bit if you are trying to print to a dedicated label printing device (like a Zebra printer)…

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@rosenjon Thanks.  Unfortunately this is for labels to go on products so would need to be implemented in the report itself as there is other text that shouldn’t rotate.

Thanks for the offer of help though,

Phil

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Yeah you can do that in the label code. You can make some text vertical, some text upside down, whatever. You can add graphics to the label. I’m pretty sure you can even rotate text at non-90 degree angles. And if the labels are going to go on products, then you probably do want a proper label printer, which means it should be easy to accomplish what you are trying to do.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved