Solved

Include punctuation marks, such as a question mark as part of a text box

• 16 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have a report that has text box with nothing but information on where to call, or order items online. 

The text box reads: Questions? Call 123-456-7890 | (yes that is a pipe symbol included) Order Online at www.company.com. For some reason it is throwing an error. I have tried using single and double quotes in various places but still no joy.

icon

Best answer by wmatthews1877 18 December 2023, 13:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@wmatthews1877 I get the same error if I try to validate the expression, but using the characters in the report works fine with my testing on Version 2023 R1. Can you ignore the expression validation and try running the report with the characters?

Userlevel 4
Badge

There is another error “Cannot interpret the token “?” at position 11.” when the report is run.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I found the answer by trial and error. For anyone else that would need to include a question mark inside a text box, the formula is  ='Questions?  ' + 'Call 1-123-456-7899 | Order Online www.mycompany.com'. Even the pipe | symbol was accepted. Thank you to all who responded.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry, I forgot to add one caveat; the text line is in the groupHeaderSection1, and not in the detail section.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @wmatthews1877!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved