Solved

I need to add the End Balances of Accounts on Journal Transaction Report for Period Report

• 18 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day,

After pulling some of my hair last night, I am requesting for help to add up the End Balances of any Accounts that will show up on the query of the Report, 

I have tried to add a new variable $TotalEndBalance and =$EndBalance + $EndBalance, but of course did not work, and I cant find the way to accumulate the balances of each total. 

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 4 October 2021, 17:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @martingaxiola ! For this issue you’ll need to define a variable which is the grand total, so something like you had described in the original post =$TotalEndBalance + $EndBalance, and make sure that this is defined within the correct report section.

As long as the $EndBalance variable is getting reset properly then you can use the Total variable to grab the amounts added together, though sometimes I’ve seen multiple stages of collection variables used depending on the way the report is configured.

So if you collect an $Amount from the Details section, then $TotalAmount + $Amount to get the subtotals and then $GrandTotalAmount + $TotalAmount to get the grand total at the end.

@martingaxiola did you get this working?

If so what did you use?

Thank you,

Melissa

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hola @MelissaWaite , Yes, thanks to @BenjaminCrisman advise I was able to use the add =$TotalEndBalance at the end of the docuumetn, and that worked for us. Thank you guys so much.  I could not attached the report. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved