Skip to main content
Question

How to remove unnecessary margins

• 24 July 2024
  • 9 replies

I’m creating doing label print for a shipments and I have an issue with margins. Please refer the design below:

Report Page Settings:

Label design:

What you see when we print:

Do you guys have any ideas to get ride of these margins?

Thanks in advance.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@oshadhat83 Hey!

I see the paper size on the report is 4in. X 6in. 

On the printed label itself, what are the dimensions of the paper, and what is the size of the printed area? 
That may indicate what’s not being rendered correctly.

Also, I don’t know what sort of printer setup you have, but is it possible that the printer is imposing margins? 

Badge +12

Are you printing these from a browser print preview?

Badge

Printer Zebra ZD421

Badge

Web print is working without any margins

Badge

@oshadhat83 Hey!

I see the paper size on the report is 4in. X 6in. 

On the printed label itself, what are the dimensions of the paper, and what is the size of the printed area? 
That may indicate what’s not being rendered correctly.

Also, I don’t know what sort of printer setup you have, but is it possible that the printer is imposing margins? 

Printer: Zebra ZD421

Paper size:  4in. X 6in. this is the paper size what printer support

Userlevel 4
Badge

@oshadhat83 
If the label printer is printing smaller than the size specified by the report designer, than it’s almost certainly an issue with the printer/driver. 

Have you tried printing this on a different printer on a regular sheet of paper and measuring the print size?

Another thing that could be helpful - could you post a full screen shot of your report designer window like so?

Could you post one after clicking here:

And one after clicking on the heading of the main section of the report:

This is because the properties window on the right side changes based on the section you have highlighted on the report.

Badge

@oshadhat83 
If the label printer is printing smaller than the size specified by the report designer, than it’s almost certainly an issue with the printer/driver. 

Have you tried printing this on a different printer on a regular sheet of paper and measuring the print size?

Another thing that could be helpful - could you post a full screen shot of your report designer window like so?

Could you post one after clicking here:

And one after clicking on the heading of the main section of the report:

This is because the properties window on the right side changes based on the section you have highlighted on the report.

First one:

Second one:

Please find the attached A4 paper export.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @oshadhat83 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Badge

Hi @oshadhat83 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

No. But client was OK to go with the exiting margin.