Question

How to process sending of reports in Send Reports screen

• 10 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

hello all,

I have been trying to process reports via Send Reports (SM205060) processing screen but have not been able to. Can anyone let me know how shall I make use of this screen? What are the steps to process?

Thanks in advance

9 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, as far as I know, it's used to automate sending reports. You need to create a template in your report (set all the desired settings beforehand) and define the print and email settings in the report. When you select the ScreenId in "Send Reports" and are logged in as the user, the template will be displayed. You select it and can process it, or create an automation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harshita 

Currently, this feature is deprecated by Acumatica,

You can refer below article

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi, as far as I know, it's used to automate sending reports. You need to create a template in your report (set all the desired settings beforehand) and define the print and email settings in the report. When you select the ScreenId in "Send Reports" and are logged in as the user, the template will be displayed. You select it and can process it, or create an automation.

Hey @SchellerFer ,
Thank for your suggestion. I followed your steps:

1. Created a report template.
  2. setup the Print and Email settings as:

3. Logged in as the user that has the above mail id inserted.
  4. Directed to Send Reports screen, selected report & checkmarked the template, and clicked on Process.
  5. It shows it has been successfully processed, but it doesn’t shoot any email to the inbox of the user. How will it shoot the email?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 2

so i dont know, we used it only for the Automation

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Harshita I believe for this issue you’ll need to setup a Business Event (and possibly associated Automation Schedule) and then use an email template as the subscriber for the Business Event.

In the email template you can select to attach the report to the email.

You’ll need to make a default template on the report printing screen, and if this is a report which other people will be printing using different settings, it may be a good idea to duplicate the report on the site map and then use the duplicate report which won’t get altered.

You can either use an automations schedule to process sending the email, or you can use a Business Event to trigger either based on a schedule or based on some other trigger action

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

so i dont know, we used it only for the Automation

Hey @SchellerFer & @BenjaminCrisman ,

The email is getting sent out if processed manually. but it is not able to send via automation. Under the conditions tab I have defined these:

Automation Schedule screen

The print and email settings:

What is it that i am missing and it is not triggering the mails in the inbox.

The Automation schedules are showing to be ran successfully but not sending out the mail.

Userlevel 2

Hi,
you may need to remove the "User" in the conditions and the "Me" field in the filter values.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi,
you may need to remove the "User" in the conditions and the "Me" field in the filter values.

Thats already removed, have attached a new screenshot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi,

Thats already removed, have attached a new screenshot.

@BenjaminCrisman , @manikantad18 , @SchellerFer  
This is what it shows. but doesnt shoot the mail.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved