Solved

How to create Trial Balance by Period in ARM Report with account income and liability with minus sign?

• 29 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi all, I want to create Trial Balance by Period in ARM Report, but I have a problem with account Income and Liability, they show as plus sign then total beginning balance and ending balance not equal to 0.

My purpose is to have a report exact data to Trial Balance Report (GL632000) and can filter from period to period.

I have total debit and credit equal but my beginning balance and ending balance I expect it equal to 0.

Can anyone help me solve this

icon

Best answer by Laura02 3 November 2023, 18:24

View original

8 replies

I’m also trying to understand how to make a Rolling TB with an ARM report. Were you able to figure out how to get the Income and Liability accounts to show proper signs? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @hthuy24 

Hope you are doing well.

Using the “Ending Balance” in the Amount Type will give you the expected result:

Kind Regards

Marilize van Zyl

@marilizevanzyl

I tried that but it does not show the true sign of the Liabilities and Income.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@LanHarasaki 

Then I will suggest logging a case with Acumatica Support. I’m sure they should have a way for you to achieve it.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @LanHarasaki were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @hthuy24  / @LanHarasaki  - There is a formatting formula on the Trial Balance Summary Report for those fields that seems to be flipping the sign for Income & Liability Account Types. This is likely why the Report version is showing 0 for Beginning/Ending Balance. 

I tried to see if you could as a similar formula to the Format on the Column Set, but I am not sure if you are able to grab account type. You might be able to manipulate it somehow if you could format based on the Account Number, but that is something I am unfamiliar with. Hopefully this helps gives you a better idea as to why Acumatica offers the Trial Balance Report is Report Designer instead of ARM.

Userlevel 5

@hthuy24 ,  ARM reports do not consider the type of Account ( if it expense or income account, asset or liability). ARM always show the credit balance of liabilities and income with the positive sign
You can try to use ‘multiple by -1’ to display required income/liabilities rows with the opposite sign 
Please check ‘How to display values in a row with the opposite sign?’ section in this FAQ KB: 

Badge +18

Hello,

If you need a Trial Balance with signs Reversed, please set Sign of the Trial Balance to Reversed in GL Preferences screen, and then go to Finance → Reports → Trial Balance and print the standard Trial Balance reports.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved