Solved

How to add Location Filter in Physical Count Sheet in Report Designer

• 24 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi All,

I am have added Location ID Parameter in Physical Count Report IN620500. Somehow when I try to select location when I run the report, it is blank. Would someone have an idea what did I do wrong? Below are the screen shots of my setup:

Kind regards,

Calvin Law

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 25 October 2022, 17:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Calvin! For this issue the most likely reason it is not displaying is because the Location data is dependent on Warehouse data.

To get your parameter to work I would recommend to model this part of it after the Lot/Serial Numbers report (IN613000), here’s what the Location parameter looks like:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have follow Lot/Serial Numbers report IN613000 and was able to map it so that it will show the Location ID when I am on the Report screen. Problem is once the report is run, it does not return me any value for items specify for the location. 

If I remove the location, the report will work just fine. 

Also another note. Would it be possible to set the parameter so I can choose the starting location and ending location for the report? Kind of like start date and end date?

Kind regards,

Calvin 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Calvin You’ll also need to create filters associated to the parameter which would control the fields seen on the report.

Here is how it looks in the Lot/Serial Numbers report:

For the Physical Count Sheet you’ll probably need to use INPIDetail.LocationID though instead of INLocation.LocationCD

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman,

Thank you for the reply. I did have INPIDetail.LocationID for both the parameter and the Filters setting, but it would not pull out the info. I can’t think of anything else that needs to be map in order for the items to show. 

I have attached the file of the report below for reference. 

Kind regards,

Calvin 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Calvin For the Physical Count Sheets report the Warehouse and Location are not needed as parameters to filter by location, only a filter on the report printing screen.

Without any filters:

Report no filters

With the filter:

Filter added to report printing screen

This filter can be chained to include several locations, but I think this might be easier to manage.

The issue with the parameter and filter is that I think one is using the LocationCD and one is using the LocationID, but I didn’t quite make it that far before I realized the location can be more easily filtered on.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman,

Sorry but I don’t quite understand what you are mentioning above. You mention only a filter on reporting printing screen. How would I be able to filter on the printing screen? Would you be able to elaborate on how to achieve that?

Ultimately what I am hoping to get from the report is that I am able to select 3 or more location at a time so my warehouse can conduct the count with the specify location. In Prepare Physical Inventory Count function, I do find that the heavy amount of setup require in Stock Item and the lack of multi-selection of location (Having to exclude location one by one instead of able to choose which one I need) takes a very long time just to complete what I want, resulting me to look for alternative method in the report itself. 

I am hoping to be able to filter the location somehow in the report. 

Kind regards,

Calvin

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Calvin I added captions for a couple of the images above to make it clearer what is being seen.

This is where you would add the filters:

You can change the operator at the end of the line to be OR and then chain multiple locations using the same logic

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman,

I was not aware you are able to filter on the printing report section instead of the report itself. This should satisfy what I am looking for.

Thank you for your assistance and looking into this for me. 

Sincerely,

Calvin 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Calvin This filter can only work with data which populates in a Detail section, it will not work on grouped data, just something to keep in mind for future report editing :)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved