Solved

How can I show in the report designer and generic inquiry the RELEASED DATE and RELEASED By?

• 24 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello All,

I would like to ask for your help guys.

How can I show in the report designer and generic inquiry the RELEASED DATE and RELEASED By?

In the > Purchase Receipts

> Bills And Adjustment

> Checks and Payments

> Receipts

> Transfers

> Adjustment

> and others, all with release function/action 

Thank you. I really need your help guys. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 24 July 2023, 12:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @shielamaevillaflor ,

I am not sure that you will get RELEASED DATE and RELEASED By fields in the database to display it in report designer or in GI.

I believe you need to do customization for the same which includes adding custom fields (i.e. RELEASED DATE and RELEASED By) and save the data on Release action then it will be available to display on both report designer as well as in GI.

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 1

Hi @sweta68 , we already did the customization, but the effect is not retrospective. The effect was said to be moving forward/ prospective effect.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your response. I was thinking if there are possible ways to retrieve prior transactions. We are right now tracking a suspicious transaction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Only suggestion i could make is the Finance>Journal Transaction will be generated of the back of the Release (same user/time should be very close). So if you use the GLBatch entry as the basis of the GI then join the tables to it you might be able to work out when it was released. Not perfect but an idea.

Badge +18

Hello,

Consider using Access History screen in User Security, to see users who logged in on a particular Date/Time.  Access History will also show you what screens a user opened.

Filter the Title  if you want to choose one screen; filter Date to choose the Date when the suspicious transaction was recorded. Leave Username blank at the top to see All Users.

Screens Laura Opened Recently

Regarding system recorded Created & Last Updated:  Last Updated date might be Released/Posted date, as in the case of GL or IN Transactions when Post at time of Release setting is ON. 

Other times, more processing happens after a transaction is released and posted: actions such as Payment, or Void will change the Last Updated date in these cases.

Have you considered turning on Audits?  Here is a description of Audits; answered by Naveen:

Here is a second related post answered by Benjamin C. of Acumatica:

Audits and custom fields will work only going FORWARD -- neither will capture ‘unsaved’ data from the past transactions.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Thank you all for your response. Its a very big help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved