Question

Has anyone else experienced varying GI results based on computer?

• 11 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We’ve run into an issue where the Submittal GI is showing different results depending on the computer it is being viewed on. On my computer I see everything correctly, whether I’m logged in as myself or one of the users who see different results on their computer. It also doesn’t matter what browser I have Acumatica open in, I still see the correct results. Everyone who has the same computer as I do, also see the correct results. 

For the others seeing varying results, some of the submittal records are showing twice, and some aren’t showing at all. I’ve noticed this seems to happen with records that are at or near the end of the page. On some computers, you’ll see the records on one page and then the same record shows again at the top or near the top of the next page. These should be completely different records. Each time one of the records “duplicates” it causes the real record that should be on that row to not show in the results. If a search is done the record will pull up, and if we export the results that information is correct.

I originally thought maybe it had to do with something getting hung up in the background and not refreshing quickly enough, as we’ve run into that in other areas. However, there are just so many variations in what results are reflected. 

We do have several filters set, and this seems to only be an issue under one of the filter tabs, not the all records tab. Not sure how/why the filter would affect different computers providing different results.

Has anyone else run into this? I did see a post regarding something similar occurring, but it was based on the users and not the computer. I’ll also note that we have been using the GI without issue for the last couple of months. I know we haven’t changed anything and haven’t done any Acumatica upgrades. There was a Microsoft upgrade recently, could that have any correlation to our differing results?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Try clear the cache of the browser and then restart the browser and see or use a different browser and see if that works

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lbarker I appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately, that was one of the first things we tried and it didn’t make a difference. However, this morning all the results are pulling correctly to everyone that was having issues yesterday. I guess now we just wait and see if it happens again. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved