Solved

GI Results Showing Inaccurate Values

• 30 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have created a GI that displays item availability and how much is available on a kit assembly. 

Currently, the qty available column is not showing accurate information. I would like it to sum the total qty available, however it is currently displaying the maximum value. Same applies with kit assembly quantity. 

When we aggregate these quantities to SUM, we move the date parameter - it multiplies all the values by 2x or 3x. I have attached the xml file of the GI, any recommendations would be appreciated! 

​​​

Hi @lauraj46, could you please review the GI and advise what I am missing? It is currently not showing accurate numbers. thank you in advance for your help!  

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 31 October 2023, 22:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

You will for sure need to use SUM on the Qty Available and other fields that need to be totalled. 

Without seeing your data it’s a bit hard to debug fully, but the reason for 2 or 3x multiples is generally a problem with the joins.  Try removing the grouping and aggregate functions, and select all of the records so that you can find the source of the duplications.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46, thank you for the feedback! I will review and see if I can figure it out. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

If the joins are right and there are no duplicated records, I would look into the Total Aggregate Function column (vs Aggregate Function) and see if that works any better. I will admit I did not download your GI to test it, but as a “drive by” comment - this was something that has fixed some summaries for me in the past depending on the situation.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved