Solved

GI Goal: First Column List Sales Order Numbers, Second Column: List all shipments tied to that Sales Order. Thanks!

• 13 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Can anybody help me create a GI that will list Sales Order Numbers in the first column, then all related shipments in the second column, preferably in a comma separated list and hyperlinked back to the shipment.  I have seen this done in the MRP Screen Under Related Documents.  I will try to upload an example.  

Sales Order Number Shipments
SO00001 SH0002, SH0003, SH0004
SO00002 SH0005, SH0006, SH0007
SO00003 SH0008, SH0009

icon

Best answer by Irina 17 February 2021, 19:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @roberts40, sorry for the long reply.

It is not possible to have links rendered in a single generic inquiry row related to different records. Links only can be added as the navigation parameter, so you will need to have lines showing shipments.

The same reason is why you can’t list entities this way - each GI line should correspond to some field related to some table. You can aggregate based on that field, or do some calculation with this field, but there is no way to collect a different number of records in one field.

Summing up, this kind of generic inquiry will require customization.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It’s not exactly what you want, but you could add a side panel for the shipments.  It would be a new GI linked as a side panel to the original GI.  You could then have links to the shipments.  

Another possible solution (untested).  If you knew your max was 5 shipments.  You could join the shipments object 5 times and you would add conditions in the join to make each shipmentnbr less than the previous one.  If you then did a max on that column, it could work.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved