Solved

GI - For Kit Specifications with Sub assemblies

• 15 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

We want to create a GI that lists all sub assemblies of a kit specification. Below is an example:

CJ60 has kit components : CJ30, CJPC, CJLP, CJCB and CBLUE. Similarly, CJ30 has kit components - CJ12,CJTC, CJTD and TH10. 

Kit Specifications and Kit Assembly

We would like this information along with their lot serial numbers into a GI. Currently, I am using INTran table and self joined the same tables multiple times. But it is not working as expected. 

Table Joins on the GI

Will really appreciate if you could share any ideas/ suggestions to get this to work. thank you! I can share the xml file of this GI if needed. 

@lauraj46  - could you please advise if you have any ideas as well? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by kanupindi 18 August 2023, 20:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi , I’ll take a look!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 , thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

Are you looking for the Kit Specifications (these are the “BOMs” for the kits) or for the Kit Assemblies themselves? If you are looking for serial numbers then I am assuming you want to look at Kit Assemblies.  The Kit Assembly header data is in the INRegister DAC.  Please post the XML that you have so far.

Hey! @kanupindi Your post seems pretty good. Have you ever done this before in your previous projects or it is first ? I took a look your post.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46

Hi I am looking for lot serial numbers on the kit assembly. I have attached the xml file that I have so far. Thank you for your help in advance! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

INKitTranSplit contains the serial number information for the parent.  I revised your query to include a join to INKitTranSplit at the top level. 

I’m not sure without some additional data exploration of the best way to link to the serial numbers for the subassemblies.  If they are also kits then you might be able to join again with INKitTranSplit to get those details at each level.  The Line Details for the kit assembly components are in the DAC INComponentTranSplit.  

A helpful tool to find the DAC and field names is Customization → Inspect Element.

Let us know how it goes and I’m glad to take a another look.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 , thank you very much for investing your time on this. I will check and get back to you. thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46, thank you for your help again. I figured it out. I used INKitRegister and INTran tables. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved