Solved

Does Generic Inquiry support a calculated field that is a 'running total'?

• 3 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m trying to create a GI that would look like the following:

Item                                        Beginning Balance               Transaction Qty       Running Balance

12345                                                  10.00                                                                10.00

20.00                     30.00

-5.00                     25.00

10.00                    35.00

-15.00                    20.00

23456                                                   20.00                                                                20.00

-10.00                    10.00

8.00                   18.00

Is this possible with calculated fields?

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 3 November 2022, 17:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @rdennisj57! There isn’t really a way to have a running SUM on a single field in a GI unless you make a custom field or maybe SQL view.

This kind of output would require a report to work correctly

Can you suggest an idea of how to build this since the native solution doesn't offer it? I am brainstorming and wondering the same as it would be helpful for a report I have.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved