Solved

Database text field as part of an embedded jpeg, png file in a picture box

• 10 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible to use a database text field on an embedded jpeg, png file showing an item label of one of our products? Rather than trying to create a label in Repoet Designer RBAR (Row By Agonizing Row) from scratch, we would like to try and embed a picture of the label, and using database text fields pull the data onto the image.

So far, the only thing that has been accomplished is the label picture and the database text field have been put onto the “canvas” but the text field shows up as “behind” the picture label and both have red “X’s” on them showing that they are overlapped. 

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 10 October 2023, 18:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @billmarmc! Unfortunately this type of configuration won’t work in Report Designer I’m pretty sure, as it can’t display overlapping data at the same time, either one or the other will print.

There are lots of instances in other reports where there are stacked fields but the display of them is controlled by visibility expressions to make sure that neither print at the same time.

Seems like you would need to have the text over-layed on the image prior to embedding it since it can’t dynamically appear on images. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for the quick response. I’m not sure if you follow AUGFORUMS.COM but there is an article that sort of explains it (?) (URL: https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-report-designer/images-and-text-boxes-on-them/) but I tend to agree with you but just had to ask anyway as we are in the process of trying to convert NiceLabels over to Acumatica without reinventing the wheel if possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@billmarmc Yes, I understand what they are doing in the article, but it’s not dynamic text fields overlaying the image, it’s a text box with an embedded image set as the background and the text color changed (and possibly repositioned).

To get this result you would need to first embed an image into the report

Then create a text box field and under Style > select the Back image as the embedded image (need to change the type from External to Embedded to see the option).

From here you can work with the text to maybe get a few lines to display over the image, but it can’t be dynamic text like a database field, would only work to have the text input first

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @billmarmc ,

I came across an article that should assist you.

https://www.greytrix.com/blogs/acumatica/2023/09/28/embedded-clickable-image-in-the-report/

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Sweta

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved