Solved

Dashboards - Add Empty / Spacer Widgets

• 14 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m trying to make Dashboards to show poeple how to do their jobs. This often comes in list formats. Like the following, where every word or letter is a widget.

Create        Release
  A                    A

B                    B

C                   C

D

The current Dashboard formats don’t allow this, becuase you can’t have a widget (D) to the right of an empty space. I would like to have a “blank” or “spacer” widget we can add to make whitespace for user readability on dashboards. I think this would greatly enhance what is often the first screen type any user encounters when logging in.

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 14 July 2023, 19:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Hansen ,

As per the S160 training guide:

An embedded page widget can be used to display a white rectangle or square of the needed size. You can place it between other widgets in a row or between rows to add more white space to your dashboard. To create such a widget, you type about:blank instead of a URL in the widget settings and the system displays it as a white rectangle or square (see the following screenshot).

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Awesome, can we move this to discussions so others can see it too please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Hansen ,

I’m not sure if it’s possible to move the thread.  Maybe repost your question?  @Chris Hackett is this something that you can help with?

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

For anyone following along, it’s an embedded page widget with the URL set to: 

about:blank

It works exactly as I wanted it to, THANK YOU @lauraj46 !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen - I have moved

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks Chris!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved