Solved

Common Tasks

• 13 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello - within the projects module I have 68 different tasks.  I want to clean this up a bit.

1. Is there  a way to change the Task ID / Description?  Everytime I try it defaults to a new task.
  2. If / When I change the Task ID - does Acumatica retroactively update my projects?

Eric

icon

Best answer by Laura02 13 December 2023, 23:07

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello@Eospina12 ,

We can renumber tasks after they are connected to Projects or Project Template .

For example, to change a Task ID on a Project Template, click on the Task ID to bring focus to the Task ID and then type over it with the new task ID that you want:

Click on Task ID & then type in the new Task ID and save.

Project Template Tasks are not connected to projects and there is no option to over-type them or change ID’s.  If these are the task IDs you need to change, I think you will need to delete the template tasks and add new ones.

Laura

Userlevel 2

Thank you Laura!  Do you know how I might change it in common tasks so I don’t have to go project by project?

Badge +18

Hi,

I think Common Tasks work the same as Project Template Tasks:  No way to change them. Please add your idea to the Ideas section of this community so we can vote.

Also, I don’t think changing a Common Task’s ID would change it on all the projects it’s been copied into.  When I changed the ID of a Task on a Project Template, the same Project Template Task’s ID did not change -- therefore I think Common Task, Template Task, and tasks connected to projects are separate entities in Acumatica.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved