Solved

Automatic Emailing of Dashboards as PDF Attachments

• 22 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Has anyone come up with a solution to automatically email the contents of an Acumatica Dashboard as a PDF attachment? I think it would be cool to automatically deliver the information in Dashboards to users via email without them having to login to Acumatica.

icon

Best answer by Neil Cantral 22 January 2021, 08:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I’m sure this will be something my users will be asking for as the get comfortable with dashboards and hungry for more data. The first ideas that come to mind are email subscriptions in SSRS or Power BI.

Looks like there are plenty of tools available that can take screenshots of a webpage on a schedule - typically for archival purposes. This would keep everything in a familiar format, but I would love to have a built-in tool inside of Acumatica to handle it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Agreed, it smells like BI to me. Hard to tell that though to a Customer who already invested a lot in Acumatica Dashboards, only to find out that they aren’t BI.

Badge

If i want to be able to send the dashboard link via an automation every morning, how would I set that up?  That would solve the question above.  THANK YOU!

You wanna tell me that there's no out of box solution for that, yet?

I wouldn't believe that Acumatica does not have the option to export data in CSV/PDF on an automated schedule to defined email addresses.

This is too basic to not be out there.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved