Solved

Attempting to create copy of GI. It exists in Services module, but is not listed in Customization/GI when I search.

I want to create a copy of a generic inquiry that exists (OOTB) within our implementation.  Acumatica 2022 R2, Build 22.205.0026.  Construction Edition.  The inquiry is within the Services module and is named “Appointment Summary.”  It has the screen ID of FS400100.  Within the Services module, the title shows under Inquiries, as you would expect.  The inquiry opens when selected and presents the expected form and results (the OOTB inquiry).  To attempt to create a copy that I can edit, I navigated to Customization, Generic Inquiry.  When I select the magnifying glass to perform a lookup of the desired title “Appointment Summary,” no such inquiry exists.  I’ve attempted using “appoint,” “app,” “FS,” “Summary,” “40.01.00,” and anything else I could think of.  I cannot find this inquiry.  I do get results in the lookup, just not containing the inquiry I’m looking for.  I have made certain my view displays every available result by enlarging the search results form or walking through each screen of the list if many were returned.  Has anyone else experienced this?  This has been the only inquiry I have not been able to find thus far, but I am new to GIs and Acumatica.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 1 March 2023, 22:04

View original

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Are you able to add yourself to the Customizer Role? With Customizer role, you can then Click Customize, Edit Generic Inquiry from the Inquiry itself. If this Inquiry is available to be edited, it will open in Generic Inquiry screen for you. Not all GIs are available for direct edit.

Great question Laura.  I have Administrator, ReportDesigner, DashboardDesigner, and Customizer.  I’ve been working in reports and dashboards for a few weeks trying to get the hang of things.  Mainly reports until this week.  Finally wanted to keep some of my hair and thought I’d hit the Community. New implementation and trying to get things ready for Go-Live.   :)

Another piece of info.  I am the “customer/user,” not the Implementation staff.

Badge +18

Hello, and welcome!

I don’t have Construction Edition handy right now, to confirm with 100% certainty, but I believe you did find one of the GI’s that isn’t available for editing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@mrhoades Appointment Summary FS400100 is not a generic inquiry but a screen inquiry and that is why you cannot find it on Generic Inquiry (ScreenId=SM208000).

In general if the entity is a GI, when you click on customization you should have Edit Generic Inquiry as you can see below otherwise that is a Inquiry screen.

However, you should be able to quickly create a GI using PX.Objects.FS.FSAppointmentFSServiceOrder DAC which should have all fields for this Screen.

I also noticed, after your screenshot, when I select “Customization,” it shows Select Project and Edit Project.  Does that help?

Thanks @hkabiri .  I’ll give that a shot.  Based on my last response to Laura, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved