Question

AP Aging Period Report with Transaction Branch separation

• 25 January 2024
  • 3 replies

HI, We created a “paymaster” company to handle all AP Billing for various branches.

We now need aging report to show which branch is responsible for vendor payments.

I’ve added APTran table to the report designer, to get the correct branch information and it seems to work, until there is a partial payment made against the bill.  the result there multplies the balance against the number of transactions, and then subtracts the original bill total.

I have used ApTran“lineNbr” 1 to limit the lines to a single record and that works UNITL we have a bill that does not have a linenbr 1.

Any thoughts on how to limit the result to a single row of APtransaction(s).

...or a better way to do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you can guarantee one branch per bill, you may be able to use a subreport instead, which if grouped on the subreport, will bring in the first branch it finds.  If that is true, I would create a subreport using APTran grouped by ref number with a parameter for ref number from your AP Aging report.  There are a few other details you may need for this, but that would be how I first approach it if it would truly be one branch per bill, otherwise the calculation gets extremely messy very fast without line application.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I can’t guarantee the single branch.

I’ve never worked with the subgroups before, let me drill into that to see if I can get something close to working, at least for the single branch bills, I suspect I’ll be reaching out again once I get past Step 1.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @rduke were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved