Solved

Advanced Aesthetic Formatting in Report Designer

• 27 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Getting really aesthetically granular with a client’s printed reports and running into some formatting issues I can’t seem to figure out. Is it possible to center align report sections to the report page layout? (1) Does this get rid of the right side gap? (2)

Also can a border for the entire report be made so it is visible when printed or exported to PDF. (3)

When I do print or export the outside border disappears? 

I have moved items around on reports by adjusting their position manually, but would like to utilize built in functionality if it exists for center aligning entire report sections, not just on report section objects. 

I have reviewed the Report Designer documentation, and nothing I can find speaks to either of these issues. 

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 28 February 2024, 00:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there,

One thing I’ve learned over time is that the default Paper Size on any report in Acumatica is A4, which is not the default sizing in North America (Letter).  And depending on which browser you print from and/or your individual computer settings can vary how a document prints if it’s in A4 size (will it print without resizing, will it scale to fit, etc.).  

Try changing the paper size and possibly the margins to see if that helps with some of the weird left/right margin issues.  Once you change your paper size, you may need to fiddle with the various report elements to get them to fit because A4 is a bit narrower/longer in portrait orientation than letter sized paper.

I’m not sure about the page border.  It does look like you can set it at the section level, but I’m not sure about it printing when you export to PDF, as this isn’t something I’ve tried.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I just came across this a couple weeks ago as I had boxes/lines that were printing in HTML but not PDF.  If you sent the default and/or the various line settings then they should print in PDF.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved