Solved

Additional Processing Node Issue with GI's

• 23 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

We’ve recently activated an additional processing node in our instance, but every generic inquiry I try to run shows this error if the results have more than 1000 records. I tried running the same GI’s in the original node, and they work just fine.

The biggest reason we wanted to have this additional node was for running larger reports/GI’s and being able to export them without taking processing power away from the rest of the work. 

Any ideas why this is happening? 

icon

Best answer by bryanb39 24 January 2024, 15:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@bclark  Please review the below article and help you understand this issue

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Boga  Thanks for sharing! 

However, I don’t know if any of that helps with my specific issue. 

With this new processing node, every GI returns this error. And it doesn’t have any problems pulling all records and aggregates in the original node. 

Even for a super simple generic inquiry with 429 records, it is unable to get a record count and actually takes a long time to run. 

Is there possibly something that needs to be adjusted with the new processing node? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Is this SAAS or PCS?  What's the hardware specs of the processing node vs main?  

The SQL server would be shared, so seems unlikely to be SQL related.   

Do you have access to the webconfig files to compare?  Dumping them both in ChatGPT would spit out the differences.  Wonder if there's a timeout?  

Userlevel 4
Badge

@bryanb39 

It’s SAAS. 

I don’t have access to the web config, but I can ask about that with our VAR. 

It was very recently set up, so I didn’t know if I was missing a step before it could run effectively. 

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved