Solved

Add border to subreport

• 13 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I need to make my subreport have a border so it appears as a box on the main report.

It seems pretty straightforward.

In the Designer Window, the border shows as expected.

However, when I print the report there is no border around the subreport.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 13 October 2022, 18:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ltussing03 My first thought would be to specify a width for the border, otherwise maybe it can work to put the subreport in the panel?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Ben,

Thanks as always for the reply.

I have a border width as shown in the image.

I also tried putting a report border within the subreport itself.  This did not work either.

I’m not sure what you mean by putting the subreport in a panel.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ltussing03 A Panel is a report object, like subreport or text field:

I put one in the panel and gave them border color and width and it didn’t seem to work until I defined a Border Style...so maybe it doesn’t need to be in a panel just the style defined, but i got it to work using the panel option:

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks Benjamin!

Well at least I know this can work.

I have a style and everything else I can see defined.

You can see it in my original image.

When I select panel at the top of the properties, it shows all the same settings I have displayed for the subreport related to borders.

Any thoughts of what I am missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ltussing03 It might be that it is not supported, I tested it and couldn’t get it to work with the subreport object, but the borders can still be brought in via the subreport, otherwise the panel is the best option I think.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved