Question

W2 filing for local municipalities - Ohio

• 19 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

one of my clients is telling me that Aatrix does not have a capability in Ohio to file w2s for local municipalities. 

how are other users in the system working around this restriction? My clients are very confused on how to proceed and Aatrix support has been incredibly unhelpful. 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Additional dialogue with Aatrix support has advised us that the web version of Aatrix (that acumatica partnered with) support NO local filing or manually printing of w2 documents. 

Userlevel 2

This seems like a huge oversight. Year-end forms are so important and timely and it is pretty wild to not have the ability to print an in-house copy of a W-2.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@rena98 agreed, we have taken to extracting information from the system and using an external software for w2 filing, we are seeing numerous errors in the embedded version of Aatrix in Acumatica (missing employees, missing wages, etc). This is definitely not ideal, I would wonder what other partners and clients are doing in these cases as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As jsheehan56 mentioned, Aatrix has a desktop and a web version. Cloud systems such as Acumatica must use the Aatrix web version. The desktop version contains a few features that are not available in the web version.

Aatrix has communicated that their goal is to reach feature parity between the two versions but have not committed to a timeline. Prior to Aatrix making the changes, you can use Acumatica reports to gather information and manually file tax reports. We are aware that this is not ideal and encourage you to communicate your needs to Aatrix. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Doug Johnson any update on this?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Doug Johnson Update? Another year, another instance where all my PA and OH clients all cannot use their Payroll solution for local jurisdiction w2 filing. 

This greatly impact client satisfaction with the product and is a limiting factor in our ability to market and sell in house payroll solutions for construction clients, frankly a massive need in this industry. If Aatrix isn’t going to solve this, what is Acumatica going to do to solve it? 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved