Solved

Payroll Tax Cap Not Working

• 24 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Would anyone have a clue to why Acumatica (Symmetry Tax Engine) Taxes are not capping? I cant find a way to adjust any setting to correct this.

In Washington, Employer Admin fund is 0.03% of gross wages with an assessable wage cap of $62500, making a contribution cap of $18.75. Acumatica is not taking this into consideration and continues to withhold after the $18.75 is reached. This is happening for the SUI too.

I have checked the Tax Maintenance and the cap is configured correctly. We made sure that the payroll employee payroll settings have not been overridden for the specific individual.

The above amount of 0.94 cent should be 0.70 to take the accrued 18.05 into consideration. 

Any help, thoughts, insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Louis Lomax 24 October 2022, 23:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I just checked our settings and they are the same as yours but ours work. maybe there is something setup at the employee level?

Hey Patricia,

Thanks for reaching out! The employee settings for the state of Washington are below. Nothing out of the ordinary (that I believe)

Here are the company state tax settings for cross reference:

Payroll Location is WA, Employee State is WA, Base of Operations company/employee federal tax setting is WA.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

are you a partner or a customer? if you are a partner please give me a call and if you are a customer please ask your partner to give me a call and we can see if we can figure out what is going on

**UPDATE**

Identified and confirmed that this is a current product bug in 2021 R2. Support case has been created. Hoping this can be resolved quickly as this is payroll related and causing incorrect payroll calculations.

Has the know issue been resolved for 22R1? I have the same issue with not being able to add the Override Wage Base Tax Setting that is usually available to define the max wage cap.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved