Solved

Payroll Posting Settings Based on Projects

• 12 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

During the payroll training this week their was a discussion about the general ledger accounts for  earnings expense, tax expense and benefit expense being driven by a project.  I was wondering if in the design, you will be supporting non-construction based projects or only the construction edition?  From what was discussed, it sounded like these accounts would come from the cost centers, which I don’t think is part of the standard project edition.  As a follow up, it would be helpful to provide some level of coding for “x” projects.  If the accounts are going to be based on projects where do the non- project costs go?

icon

Best answer by Denise Johnson 25 March 2021, 21:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Gary, @GJensen 

There will be a secondary account (fallback account) for those items that are not related to a project.   

Let me know if you have any questions, 

Denise

Userlevel 2

My concern is not with non project related records, my question is if the account is going to be based on a cost center and if I am correct, cost centers only exist in the construction edition, then what account will not construction edition projects use for this process?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @GJensen

It would use the fallback account. 

Userlevel 1

Interesting discussion and question. Does this indicate that the payroll module is only able to use Project related codes, if the Construction Edition is used? In other words, Can Payroll work with the Core Acumatica edition that includes Project accounting - and is NOT the construction edition?

Userlevel 3
Badge

You do not need to have Construction Edition in order to use Payroll.  It works with core Acumatica along with all of the other editions as well.   

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved