Solved

Mobile Redirect issue - New Create Opportunity action added to appointment and extended to Mobile won't redirect

• 7 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Customers of Field Service need to be able to schedule estimate/measurement appointments and provide their prospects with a quote.  To accomplish this, and minimize the errors and clicks, I have added an action to the appointment screen to create an opportunity.  It works perfectly in the UI and I can field update the opportunity with the customer id, contact info and a UDF to be populated with the service order nbr for linkage.

My main issue is that it is not redirecting in the mobile app and I am out of ideas on how to make this work.  I am not a developer but am very dangerous in no code workflow/customizations.

I have tried several combinations of various parameters and window modes.  When I click on the action in mobile it looks very much like it would like to redirect to Opp screen but it never does.  Help?? :-) 

Just for fun I tried adding these to no avail.  What’s weird is that when I looked at the XML I expected to see a line referring to the action NEWOPP since it is showing up in the appointment screen in the mobile app but there is nothing.

icon

Best answer by dgross54 12 January 2023, 16:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I would check the Screen WSDL for Appointments and see what your action is called there as this name would be important when adding

https://www.acumatica.com/blog/adding-a-status-to-the-acumatica-mobile-app-filter-for-field-service/

This has some info on how to look at this

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Troy, I did and it is called NewOpp.  I am not a coder so what I am hoping to get is a basic understanding of some simple codes that I can use to modify the mobile app.  In this case it is I added both of the above examples and feel I am close.  My goal is to get the appointment action to open a new opportunity directly from the appointment screen.  I would be willing to pay someone for their time to show this to me.  acutech247@gmail.com if anyone is interested.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Can you share the wsdl schema? Also which version is this being published on?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Troy, I got it to work.  I was SOOOOO close with my screenshots above.  Just needed to remove this line and it all went smoothly.  Thanks for responding!!

listActionsToExpand = 3

-David

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @dgross54 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved