Solved

Work Center Shift code

• 4 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to add work centers.  The shift is required, but the system is not allowing the shift to be added.  There is a valid shift, but when selected, it is blanked out when I tab out of the field.

icon

Best answer by donna80 7 October 2022, 01:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@donna80 Can you send a screenshot? This is what mine looks like. 

Userlevel 1

@Debbie Baldwin  I was able to figure out what the problem was.  You can use characters for the shift ID, but you can’t add it to a Work Center with alpha characters.  I had a SHIFT ID as DAY.  I changed my ID to numeric and I was able to add it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@donna80 - that’s great Donna - I’m so glad you figured it out!

Userlevel 1

@Debbie Baldwin I am too. They should probably change the shift code to be a numeric field or allow alpha characters at the work center 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just encountered this issue as well, and found the same -- it will let you add a shift with alpha characters but will not let you add an alpha-coded shift to a work center. Thanks @donna80 for including your solution here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Either it should not be allowed to enter aphanumeric values as shift code or the work center should accept alphanumeric values as shift code.

However it´s a bug and there is already a jira-ticket for this matter: https://jira.acumatica.com/browse/AC-232923

Userlevel 3
Badge

Not to mention the shift ID form allows for 15 characters, and the work center “shift ID” only allows for four.

So even if you make it numeric but use more than four digits you will get the error.

Userlevel 3
Badge

There is also some bugginess in the Shift tab on the Work Center if you try saving a shift with a bad ID, then try to add a shift with the proper ID. Gives an error like I’m trying add another bad shift ID but when I refresh the good ID is present.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved