Solved

Update standard cost is overriding Warehouse Item Details

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am having the following issue:

I have a item that is manufactured with a BOM in one Warehouse, but purchased in another.  At the item Warehouse Details for the item, in the Warehouse where we purchase the item, I have the replenishment set to Purchase, no BOM attached in Manufacturing tab, and override stand cost checked.  I go in and update pending based on that Warehouse and everything works as expected. 

But then, when I go and update my BOM for that item, and process Cost Roll and Update Pending, the Warehouse Item Detail cost if overridden.  This causes us to have to remember to go back and reupdate the cost at the Purchase Warehouse.

Am I doing something incorrect, or just misunderstanding how the process should be working?

icon

Best answer by andrestamour43 8 May 2024, 18:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@claudematherne24

There is a product idea to re-work the BOM Cost Roll process to be less confusing. We have made note of this use case.

You are not doing anything incorrect, the screen is just confusing in it’s current state. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I think I’m confused by the response.  If functioning correctly, then If i update the standard cost of the item, it will override the Warehouse Item Detail record, even if I have told it to Override?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@claudematherne24 

Clicking update pending will update the pending cost of all warehouses including those with the override currently. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Got it.  So Override at Warehouse Detail allows it to have a new value, but then overrides at the Stock Item level. 

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved