Skip to main content
Solved

Un Issue Serialized Items from Production Order

• 14 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We have a client who is using the  “When Used” method of tracking serial numbers.  They have issued a part to a production order and it has failed in the assembly, we need to “un issue” the defective part and S/N and issue a new one.  We have tried to create a negative material transaction for the part and get this error “The material cannot be returned because the item with the SD-5874-4623-00007 lot or serial number has not been issued for the RO WO-000286 production order.”  We are copying the S/N from the material transaction for the production order in question.  

Is there a way to un-issue When Used serial numbers from a production order?

Appreciate any insight or ideas!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@matthewhill I have checked in the 23.204 build, and I was able to execute the negative material transaction as long as the correct serial number is used. Error you are receiving is associated with the incorrect serial#. 
Please reach out to support team to further assist you. 

@PragatiMalviya64 was the serial class for the part set to When Used?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@matthewhill Yes. These are the settings in the Lot/serial class which I have used: 

Userlevel 2
Badge

So I was wondering if someone could clarify this Assignment Method. We would like to have our dock receivers enter lot numbers for these products. Is it not possible to un-issue material to production orders that are using When Received? If we switch to When Used would dock receivers not be able to enter lot’s at purchase receipt? If they are able, I'm guessing there wouldn't be an error if they forgot. This does seem a little strange.