Solved

Shipping finished material after production order closed.

• 2 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Why does the link to a Sales Order become null and void once I close production orders at the end of a period?  In order to properly align our WIP activities with production, I would like to Close all completed production orders.  However, this causes issues on the shipping end with our Sales Orders.  Is this a common problem?

icon

Best answer by andrestamour43 2 January 2024, 22:03

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dmeseth - Can you provide more details on this

“ However, this causes issues on the shipping end with our Sales Orders.  Is this a common problem?”

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@dmeseth

I’m not sure I fully understand the problem and the conditions.

Can you elaborate on the issues this is causing with shipping? Are you running into an error?

Also, are you manually setting the order to completed status before all the quantity is received or is the status updating to completed after the full quantity has been received via the last move? 

The Production order is Completed(all materials, labor etc are allocated to the material), but we were unable to Ship the material from the Production order that is linked to the Sales Order.  If we attempt to create a Shipment against the material after the Production Order is Closed, we are unable to do so.  The Production Order disappears from the Sales Order as available.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@dmeseth

I was not able to replicate the problem as described. I was able to ship a sales order line linked to a production order that was closed with no errors. In addition the sales order line maintained the production order information. 

I would recommend reaching out to your partner or primary Acumatica point of contact to log a support request.  Also please include any error messages you are receiving as that will help narrow down the cause. 

Sincerely, 

Andre St. Amour

Thank you.  How were you able to generate the Shipment?  Perhaps there is a methodology problem on our end?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dmeseth Does the production order and sales order line have different warehouse? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@dmeseth

I selected create shipment action from the Sales Order (SO301000). I would need to know your steps and any error messages to assist further.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved