Question

Production Orders do not schedule

• 27 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, We are currently piloting the Acumatica production order system. We are planning on using Advanced Planning to schedule production orders.

When we run scheduling from rough cut planning screen , most of the production orders schedule just fine. We however, have a few that will not schedule. I suspect that this is due to some material constraints. These are lower level production orders generated from the ‘generate sub assemply’ feature on production orders.

For the production order type, we are not checking for material availability

For each of the detail items on the production order on the material tab - we have set to do not check material availability.

Our issue, is that the system gives us no clue or message as to why the production order will not schedule. There are no error messages or warnings, so it is very difficult to figure out why it will not schedule.

Does anyone have any tips on how I might figure out why a production order will not schedule given the limitations on feedback related to constraints?

Thanks,

Bob

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

How far out are you attempting to schedule?  I believe the scheduler only goes 120 days out

Userlevel 2

Interesting. November 2023

Userlevel 2

That you for your reply. The other issue is that on the rough cut planning screen the production orders show as unscheduled. On the production order itself it show as scheduled

Userlevel 2

Nothing schedules. But no way of knowing why

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I believe you are running into a known issue which was fixed in 2022R1 Update 21

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @bscott68 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved