Question

Phantom Item Reference on Work Order Tickets

• 28 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How can I get the Phantom Inventory ID to show up on the Production Ticket Details?

I can pull in the Phantom BOM ID but how do I link the Phantom BOM ID to pull in the Inventory ID/Item Description? What joins do I need to make this happen?

Attached is screen shot of what my production ticket looks like and the tables from the report.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Both the operation lines and the material lines on the Production Order Details form show the BOM ID for the phantom. Below the parent bill for AMKEURIG45 is BOM000005 and the phantom is is BOM00004. So even it you do not insert the phantom operations the material line has the BOMID of the phantom.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Forgot to mention Join the BOMID to AMBOMItem on BOMID then join InventoryItem on InventoryID to get InventoryCD.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dgodsill97 

Thanks for the info but could you please help me with the joins….I am fairly new to creating reports with this level of joins, so I didn’t make any progress….

I am able to get the BOM ID for the phantom item but I’m still not able to get the correct item to show up on my Production Ticket Details report and I know it’s because I’m not joining something properly.

Could you show me what you are talking about by laying it out something like:

Table 1→ Table 2

Field 1 → Field 2

:)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

A potential workaround solution would be to add a nonstock item to the phantomed subassembly material list that has the part # and description of the part in the BOM Matl Description field.  Then when you phantom that subassembly on a production order, the nonstock item with the phantomed subassembly name will show up

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @sarah were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved