Solved

MRP Not Recognizing Materials Demanded by Child Order

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We have a product order that calls for Material Subassembly A.  Subassembly A calls for Component Part B.  We created the product order and also created linked child order for Subassembly A.  MRP has a demand line for Component Part B coming from Subassembly A AND from the product order (MRP must have created this demand item by blowing through the BOM).  MRP is not recognizing that Component Part B is already demanded on the child order, so now we’re doubling up demand for Component Part B.

icon

Best answer by danielklumpp 2 March 2023, 16:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think I got it figured out.  I had grace period set to zero, and so Acumatica was thinking the product order needed its own planned order to supply Component B for Subassembly A for the product order.  I set grace period to 30 and it took care of the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @danielklumpp !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved