Solved

MRP is not using the PO line promised date. It is using the promise date in the header.

• 7 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

MRP is not using the promised date on the PO’s line item.

It is using the date in the top summary area.

Here is the PO.  The line item promised dates are much farther out than 10/31/22.

Here is what MRP shows in the detail inquiry.  It is using the 10/31 date from the image above.

We have confirmed changing the header date changes the date on the detail inquiry.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 10 October 2022, 15:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ltussing03 

I did this in my local and it is using the promised date. Did you Regenerate MRP before or after the PO was entered? I ran it after the PO was entered. That may be the difference. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Kandy,

Thanks for replying!

You confirmed that it should be working and is not a bug.

HUGE confirmation thank you!

Yes, we regened MRP after the PO was entered and changed.

We have ran it multiple times just to be sure.

It simply is not using the line’s date for us.

If I change the header promised date on the PO, then regen MRP, the new date on the header is shown on the detail inquiry.

If I change the line items promised dates and regen MRP, nothing changes on the detail inquiry.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Kandy,

We have half a dozen warehouses.  Just out of curiosity, are you in a multi-warehouse environment?

Thanks,

Larry

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Kandy,

We have half a dozen warehouses.  Just out of curiosity, are you in a multi-warehouse environment?

Thanks,

Larry

HI @ltussing03 

Yes, the demo environment has multi warehouses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Kandy,

Thanks for replying!

You confirmed that it should be working and is not a bug.

HUGE confirmation thank you!

Yes, we regened MRP after the PO was entered and changed.

We have ran it multiple times just to be sure.

It simply is not using the line’s date for us.

If I change the header promised date on the PO, then regen MRP, the new date on the header is shown on the detail inquiry.

If I change the line items promised dates and regen MRP, nothing changes on the detail inquiry.

Do you have any customizations in that environment that could be causing this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Kandy,

Yes, there was a customization causing this issue!

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Kandy,

Yes, there was a customization causing this issue!

Thanks!

Thank you for updating!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved