Question

MRP Forecast Calcuation

• 11 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am testing automatic forecast generation for a client that has been live for a year. I am testing in 2022 R1.

We previously uploaded manual forecasts since the client did not have any actual sales data to generate forecasts automatically. The forecast calculation is simple...10% growth per month. I am able to calculate the forecast however when I process the data, the forecast listing shows the items with an interval of One Time and they appear to be in addition to the old forecasts. The previous forecasts were entered with the interval Monthly. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible to process the generated forecast with the interval of monthly and automatically update previously entered forecasts?
  1. What is the implication of one time vs monthly?
  1. There does not seem to be a way to easily mass delete old forecasts. I have thousands of lines as there are different forecasts by item by month and deleting one by one is not realistic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @frankfiorentino81 

1. You can generate forecasts monthly. It should be automatically updating previous forecasts. 
  2. There is no implication of one time vs. monthly. Can you elaborate on that?
  3. You could create an import scenario to delete the old forecasts. 

Here in the Help is a good place to start on forecasting:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(6))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=05cb7223-9adf-4b4f-9230-09339c960eb2

Also, if you have a test environment, you could test there before doing any changes to your production environment. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the reply. I did a test to see if forecasts would be updated. Here are the steps I took:

1. I generated a new forecast for a single part number, by month for the next year.
  2. I went to the forecast listing and filtered on the same part number and changed the interval to One Time.
  3. I processed the forecast on the Generate Forecasts screen but instead of the forecast being updated, new lines were added so now I have two active forecasts for the same item.
  4. I wanted to see if there was an issue with the imported forecasts so I re-generated a new forecast for the same item using a different growth rate and upon processing the forecast, a 3rd forecast was added for the same item.

I have read the help articles and they are fairly light on this topic. I cannot see any reason why the forecast is not updating older forecasts. It feels like the ability to autogenerate and update forecasts is not working. What am I missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @frankfiorentino81 

I looked as well for you and the Help doesn’t mention the updating of Forecasts nor could I find the logic to it. 

There are a few training recordings on the Open University that may help. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kbeatty21 Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @frankfiorentino81 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved