Solved

MRP Display - Firm Planned Purchase Order into Production Order possible without warning

• 12 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

On the form “MRP-Display” it is possible to create any order type regardless of the settings of the item.

I have a planned purchase order because of the settings which is good. But it is possible to create a Production order based on this planned purchase order without any warning / error / infolog!

Is there a set up to activate a plausibility check?

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 12 December 2022, 14:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@AndreasKleinfeld72 - yes this is by design. Sometimes an item could be Manufactured say 80% of the time but in rare instances it could also be Purchased - so we don’t limit that. You may be able to do some type of customization if this is never the case for you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Debbie Baldwin  - sure, I know these situations where a company decides how to cover the demand based on resource capacity or other reasons. But for most companies I know these are exeptions - and for sure it should be possible but running daily business it´s easy to make a mistake at that point. 

@AnastasiaSchroeder88 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Adding warnings is a good candidate for a usability enhancement - please log the request on the Community Ideas page so we can see if it is popular with others.

I would also recommend you utilize security roles to limit the number of users with the ability to generate orders from MRP Display.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@AndreasKleinfeld72 another idea might be to create filters for Purchased or Manufactured items. You could also filter by “Product Manager” (which could be a buyer) - this can be done right out of the box and your buyers would only see the items that need to be purchased and planners could see only Manufactured items. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved