Solved

MFG Scan Labor for Indirect Labor Codes - rate

• 14 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am trying to understand the process for Scan Labor for INDIRECT labor codes. Normally MFG employees will be scanning directly into production orders for Direct labor needs, but we want to track INDIRECT labor for activities such as SWEEPING, ORGANIZING SHELVES, etc that will not be posted to any specific work orders.

I was able to use the SCAN LABOR function to enter the indirect labor code, shift, elapsed labor time, and the employee ID. I was able to release that record, but there is no financial impact of this, as the labor rate and labor amount are read only and are $0. How do we impact the Labor Rate for these Indirect Labor Codes?

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 14 December 2023, 16:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Regardless of tracking Direct or Indirect Labor, a Production Order Operation is required to release the transaction.

If you want to use the Scan Labor function to track Indirect labor not associated to a specific Production Order - you would need to create a dummy Production Order which can be selected when logging indirect time.

Userlevel 4
Badge

OK, thank you @angierowley75 . I guess I had a different understanding of Indirect!

So a dummy production order that just remains permanently open, which can have work center(s) to represent indirect labor, and the Standard rate will pull from the dummy production order work centers, is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You got it! - you aren’t a dummy ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@gbrazelton14 - actually I may have been running into a bug when I tested this… in a different version of Acumatica, I was able to create a labor transaction without specifying a Production Order.  The Labor Code record has accounts associated to it which should be used during posting. 

Perhaps try creating a Labor transaction on the Labor for (as opposed to Scan Labor) and then look at the GL entry made on the Journal Transaction screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@angierowley75  I am on version 22.218.0023, and just populating via Labor rather than Scan Labor, I am also unable to release an indirect labor line without a Production Order.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@angierowley75  I was able to do post indirect labor (without a production order) via Labor screen and also via Scan Labor screen on 23R2 build 23.201.0092 in a test environment.

Our customer is on 23R2 so I think I have a path. Thanks for your guidance!

Greg

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved