Solved

Manufacturing Lead time

• 29 August 2023
  • 9 replies

If fixed manufacturing time is used for production then will it be always the same even if the quantity on the production order differs?

for example, a production order for item A has qty of 500 and another production order for item A has qty of 1000, and fixed manufacturing time is set to 1 week. Will it be 1 week for both orders?

For change of Qty system is not increasing the dates.

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 29 August 2023, 14:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ranjithduraisamy72 , 

Yes, if the "Use Fixed Manufacturing Times" checkbox is selected on the Production Preferences screen, it will take the Lead Time from the Manufacturing tab of Stock Items and apply it in the Production Order Details screen.

Regards,

Sweta

@sweta68 Thanks for the reply. I understood the configuration but I trying to understand if the Qty of the Production changes how the Mfg lead time will reflect in the production. Is that lead time fixed for production Orders irrespective of Qty in that order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Fixed regardless of Production quantity

@angierowley75  Is it going to give an incorrect number of days for production orders with different quantities?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, So i am kind of jumping on the bandwagon for this question. What happens if that box is not checked? Does that make it the mfg time per part?

Also, if something takes 15 seconds per part, I can calculate that portion of a day (I am assuming I use an 8 hour day because that is what our system is set to), but the input box will not let me do fractions or decimals to do a portion of a day. How should this be handled? 

@hstone If this check box is not checked system will calculate the duration times of the operations for Mfg date calculation.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Calculate the duration time based on what? Where do i need to put how long something takes to make if that box is not checked so it can calculate it properly per pieces?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Run Units and Run Time on the Production Order Operation

Userlevel 1
Badge

@angierowley75 Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved