Solved

Managing Lots / quality control

• 18 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a prospect in the supplement manufacturing industry.  One issue that I am trying to solve for them is managing lots of ingredients or finished goods that require testing before they can be used.

For ingredients the scenario is this:  A product is purchased and receipted into stock and assigned a lot number.  A sample is taken and sent to an independent laboratory for testing - the test can take up to 2 weeks to return during which time the stock cannot be used in production and is not available for scheduling. 

We are looking for an easy way to identify that this particular lot is still awaiting the test result whilst other lots of the same item may be available (or waiting on a test and not available until later).  Ideally I would like to have attributes for the lot, but this is not available.  I think that the best I can do right now is place the lot in a quarantine location and move it out when it has passed the test.  

A similar situation occurs during manufacturing when the finished product has been blended but not yet filled into capsules - the blend requires testing before filling can take place.

Has anybody else faced this situation and come up with a better solution?

Thanks in advance...   John

icon

Best answer by TimWehrle32 18 May 2021, 08:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi John,

sounds like you are in process manufacturing industry. I would recomend to check an QC Modul like the eworkplace App is?! 

https://www.acumatica.com/acumatica-marketplace/eworkplace-apps-quality-management-suite-for-acumatica/

Otherwise my feeling is you wil not be happy in this industry :-)

But anyway the solution to have attributes or status for for lots to control them better would be a great function! (Which helps also in diskrete manufacturing)

BR 

Tim

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Please make sure you vote on the existing product enhancement to add Attributes to Lot & Serial

John,

I also recommend the eWorkplace QMS solution - that will not only solve the current problem but a few more you might encounter after this if you are in the neutraceutical business.

Ralph Kubek rkubek@eworkplaceapps.com

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved