Question

Is there any functionality in Acumatica to lock a Sales Order when a Production Order is created for it?

• 12 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Looking for ideas on how to prevent a Sales Order Config from being change by anyone once a Production Order gets created for that order.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

User security roles?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I still want to allow the users to create and edit SO’s just not after the SO has a Production Order attached to it. Preferably limit to only a few users who can make changes after the production order is created.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The main issue is that we have users making changes to configured items in the sales order window, after the production order is created and we learned the hard way that once you are done making the changes to the configuration in the sales order window, you have to click on SAVE and then click on FINISH otherwise if you do it the other way around, the configuration in the production order will not be updated.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ldjmarcog Configuration Entry gets disabled as soon as Production order is Released.
You should be able to mirror the logic of disabling the Save and Unfinish commands for the Planned status of Production order as well using the customization. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@PragatiMalviya64 Thank you, but the problem is not in Production Order. The problem is when users make changes to the Sales Orders.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ldjmarcog In sales order form, if you click on Configure, Save and Unfinish commands in the Configuration entry form gets disabled upon release of the linked production order. 
You can customize it to be disable upon creation of production order, then user can't make changes to configuration on sales order form.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you, that is what I figured, but I don’t want to get into more customizations.  See one of my comments earlier:

“The main issue is that we have users making changes to configured items in the sales order window, after the production order is created and we learned the hard way that once you are done making the changes to the configuration in the sales order window, you have to click on SAVE and then click on FINISH otherwise if you do it the other way around, the configuration in the production order will not be updated.”

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved