Solved

Is there a way to make a mass change to production orders?

• 24 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Acumatica lets you make mass changes to bills of materials but it doesn’t appear that you can make mass changes to existing production orders when the bills of material are changed.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have several customer asking this.

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 24 March 2022, 14:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @donnadeskins55 

Currently you can not make mass changes to production orders. I would suggest putting that in for a future release request to Acumatica. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We currently have a related product enhancement idea to track this request:  

You may want to upvote it and provide your specific Use Case.

There may be a customer / partner in this community that can provide you a workaround / direction for customization.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you! I’ve added my vote and comment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Depends on what you are looking to do.  Generic Inquiries can be modified to include Mass Actions and Mass Update Fields. Only fields that can be updated will be allowed.  And fields that require a popup confirmation will also error out.  But this solves most scenarios.

See this video for help at time spot 4:23.

Generic Inquiry Advanced

Userlevel 3

One idea for a work around is to use an import scenario or business event (based on a generic inquiry) to clear out the BOM ID and Revision ID on the Production Order Maintenance References tab. This will clear out the production details, then use a second import scenario/event to load back into the same or different BOM ID. These scenarios/events can be automated via a schedule.

Couple Limitations:

(1) Will only work for production orders in a planned status -- once the production order is in process, this will not work -- so the Generic Inquiry will have to be limited to statues of planned (or Released that can be re-planned).

(2) Assumes that your production order details do not need to be revised -- the work around would undo any revisions to production order details if the BOM ID is updated.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved