Solved

Inventory Item Labels w/o Receipt Ref Parameter

• 31 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I am seeking assistance in configuring our inventory label printing process to generate labels based on item class or warehouse, rather than the current setup of printing labels by receipt.

The use case behind this request is the implementation of handheld scanners for cycle counting purposes. In this context, it is imperative that bin locations are labeled with essential information such as item ID, warehouse, and location. We have modified the report to include barcodes for warehouse and location on these to facilitating efficient scan and count operations.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by dsimmerly 31 January 2024, 17:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Aschneid Hello !! (former NEOH guy here, Go Browns) - your needs seems to be a bit advanced to be answered here (unless someone wants to give you their report, smiles).  I would suggest reaching out to your partner or an expert in Report Writer for assistance with this project.  You could also contract with Acumatica Services to create / update the report.

The short answer…. make copy of current report to new report, update with desired data fields, add parameters to run from Menu.

Userlevel 2

Thanks @dsimmerly (as we say every year in CLE - there's always next year...). Printing inventory labels seems like a fundamental function of any ERP, sure would be nice functionality. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Aschneid The functionality is there, I think the problem is that a “standard format” would never be perfect for anyone so Acumatica leaves it to the end user to create their own

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved