Solved

How to use the day of the year in a batch/series number formula?

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

How to use the day of the year in a batch/series number formula. For example, today is 03/29/2022, so on the 88th day of the year, I would like my lot/serial number start with 2022/088.

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 29 March 2022, 20:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You would need to setup a Lot/Serial Class (IN207000)

Assign the “Issue Method” field as “user enterable”

And define your number segment (grid at bottom of the screen) to start with the year.  You will need to manually enter the day of the year as that is not a default segment function.

I would recommend setting up a new Lot/Serial class in your sandbox and running through a few tests to see how it behaves to figure out the best fit for your business.

Userlevel 1

Thanks AngieRowley75 for your answer.

I would like to know if there is a way to automate the day of the year segment, for example by using the Custom Date Format type. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

According to the help file (for Lot/Serial Classes), the custom format syntax leverages custom date specifiers from .NET

From what I can tell the day # of the year is not supported

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/custom-date-and-time-format-strings

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved