Solved

How to enter move transactions out of order on a production order.

• 21 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

Sometimes operations are completed out of order on a production order.  Assuming the production order’s operations are numbered 10, 20, 30, etc…. I give the following example.

If I say I completed operation 40, Acumatica then marks operation 10,20 and 30 as completed as well.  It does this even if they are not marked as backflushed.

If I make operation 30 a control point, I will get an error when I try to report a completion on 40.

However, I legitimately want to report a completion on 40.  And not have operations 10, 20 or 30 record the completion since I just did operation 40 only.

There is no way in Acumatica to report against operations out of order is there?

Thanks!

Larry

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 21 November 2022, 23:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The MFG module does not yet support this capability.  You would need to reorder you operations if possible.

We have on the roadmap a plan to support overlapping operations - which might help in the future, but obviously doesn’t solve your need today.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Angie,

Thanks for the quick response and confirmation.

Userlevel 1

Would be great to have this ability to have multiple operations run in parallel without having to resort to separate production orders for sub-assembly of parts based on mfg process.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can vote and add your Use Case on the Community Idea

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved