Skip to main content
Solved

How to Allocate a Product to a Sales Order when it was created from a production order linked to a different sales order.

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have entered SO Order type Sales Order A for a configured Product that was marked for production.  i created a production Order from the sales order and the production order is now complete and the configured products which are also lot serial controlled are allocated to Sales Order A.

then Customer service said they want to use the products built for Sales Order A on a new Sales Order B.  Same Qty and Same Configuration.

Nothing i have tried will allow me to allocate the meters to the new Sales Order.

1. i have broken the link to the Production Order and linked it to the new sales order.  
  2. Deleted the Shipment Confirmation from SO A.
  3. Unallocated and even deleted the line off of SO A and still can’t get create a shipment for Sales Order B.

has anyone successfully be able to do this when a production order is linked to a sales order?    

this happens in our current system about 2 - 3 times per month and we are getting close to implementing.    We are now in 2022 R2 but will soon be in 2023 R2

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@rdillard64 If the production order is completed which means the completed product is already allocated to the Sales order A, as soon as completed quantity were reported. 
Linking /unlinking might not work in this scenario because production order is completed, and auto allocation already happened for the Sales order A

I need little more information but try this and see if it works: 

1. Deallocate the allocated finished product from the Sales order A. (If you already removed the SO line, then no need for this step)​​​​​​

2. Now after removing allocation this Serial tracked item should be available in the stock. (For configured product, its ideal to track it by serial#)

3.  Go to line details in the sales order B and find this specific serial# to allocate to the sales order B. (It will be a require a manual allocation process because production order is completed).

If this doesn’t work, it will be better to submit support ticket to identify whether there is a bug in the system which is restricting you to move forward.

Userlevel 1

Thank you, i will try these steps.  

Userlevel 1

That process worked.  Thank you very much!!.