Solved

Forecast not creating MRP demand for components

• 21 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

When I run MRP, it successfully shows demand for component parts for a specific BOM when the demand is for a production order.

When I put in a forecast for the upper level part (The BOM part) MRP shows the forecast demand ONLY for the upper level part, not for for the components used on the BOM.

Any thoughts why the forecast demand would not be blowing down to the materials on the BOM and MRP suggesting POs for the parts?

Thanks!

Larry

icon

Best answer by ltussing03 21 March 2023, 00:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Larry,

Check to see that your parent item has a default bill bill of materials for the warehouse the forecast is in. On the stock items check the manufacturing tab. Is there a BOM in the default BOM field?

You may also open the BOM for one of the parent parts to tests. On the ellipse menu select “set as Default BOM”. Be sure to select both Item and warehouse as defaults. Run MRP again.

Chuck

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Cwise,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!  The default Bill was set.  I set it again just to be sure.  I even set the BOM as the planning BOM even though I have never had to do that before.

Same results.

Forecast successfully creates demand for the finished part, but none of the component parts.

Everything is in the same warehouse.

I have spent hours trying to figure this out.  I would be thrilled to hear any more suggestions!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’ve seen this before Larry. Try switching the checkbox on the forecast for dependent demand. 

Chuck

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Chuck,

Thank you.  I tried but it did not resolve the issue.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Larry

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Everyone,

Thank you for the suggestions.  I opened a support case on this and they suspect data corruption.

I do appreciate the suggestions!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ltussing03  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

No.  I opened a support ticket and they couldn’t figure it out.  They thought it might be a data issue.  This was in a demo/Sales database so we just moved on.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I stumbled upon a post by Lhouldsworth who found that if you define the replenishment source on the Item-Warehouse Details record, MRP will drill down and recommend the planned production orders and subsequent purchase orders. 

I tested this with a forecast, ran MRP and it worked well (for my specific client).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved