Solved

Does replenishment see production orders as demand

• 21 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It is my understanding that if you are using Replenishment instead of MRP for purchased items, that the replenishment process does not see production orders as demand.

Is this correct?

Is this correct for both planned and released production orders?

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 21 February 2024, 22:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ltussing03 - we have NOT changed the functionality of Replenishment at all. I don’t believe it has ever looked at Manufactured items. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Debbie,

Thanks for taking the time to respond on here Debbie!  It is really appreciated!

Thanks for the response!  I am just confirming my understanding because you recently pointed out I had a pretty big hole in my knowledge of replenishment.  (And thank you for that!)

It was always my understanding that replenishment didn’t look at production order demand for purchased stock items.  It just doesn’t see the demand and therefore will not tell you to purchase if that is the only demand.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved