Solved

Dates for Demand Time Fence in MRP

• 16 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have a client using MRP forecasts in Build 23.104.0027. Demand Time Fence in MRP settings is set to 30 days.

MRP Prefefences, Demand Time Fence set to 30 days.

According to help, this is “The number of days within which the system excludes forecast records from demand data; the period starts from the day when MRP is performed. Forecasts are ignored by MRP if they have a start date specified on the Forecast (AM202000) form that is earlier than the MRP run date minus the number of days specified in this box.”

MRP was regenerated today, Nov 16, 23. 

This is the forecast for one part, 14 per month.

Since it is mid November, I would expect MRP to skip the Dec forcast demand since it is within 30 days. But, this is the MRP Detail Inquiry for this part.

Anyone know how MRP is actually using that Demand Time Fence number, or how to get MRP to skip forecast demand within 30 days?

icon

Best answer by andrestamour43 16 November 2023, 18:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@dsimone20 , I believe the help is incorrect. Please see my corrections

The number of days within which the system excludes forecast records from demand data; the period starts from the day when Regenerate Inventory Planning is performed. Forecast intervals are ignored by Inventory Planning if the interval's end date is earlier than the Regenerate Inventory Planning run Date plus the number of days specified in this box. 

For example, a monthly forecast record with a start date of March 12th and an end date of June 30th would generate four forecast intervals 

• March 12th - April 11th 
  • April 12th - May 11th
  • May 12th - June 11th 
  • June 11th - June 30th

If the Demand Time Fence box had a value of 15 and Regenerate Inventory Planning was ran on April 7th, then the interval March 12th - April 11th would be ignored while the remaining three intervals would be factored into the calculations. A user could see the results by viewing Inventory Planning Results by Item (AM404000) and observing a forecast record for April 12th, May 12th and June 12th. 

Forecast records that have an end date earlier than the Regenerate Inventory Planning run Date plus the number of days specified in this box have the active field on Forecast (AM202000) automatically deselected because there are no remaining intervals considered by the Regenerate Inventory Planning (AM505000) process. 

By default, 30 is specified in this box.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dsimone20 , I believe the help is incorrect. Please see my corrections

TForecast intervals are ignored by Inventory Planning if the interval's end date is earlier than the Regenerate Inventory Planning run Date plus the number of days specified in this box. 

Thanks @andrestamour43. If I’m reading this correctly, even though MRP puts the demand on the begin date of the period, the time fence uses the end date. With a default of 30 days and monthly periods, MRP essentially ignores “this month’s forecast.” To skip “next month’s forecast”, I would need to make the time fence 60 days so next month’s end date is within the window.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved