Solved

Copy Production Details to Bill of Materials

• 26 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Is there currently no way to copy a completed Production Details to a new Bill of Materials?

I could export and import, but that seems like an unnecessary hassle.

You can copy production details to another production details or save as a template. But I do not see a way to copy Production Details to a new Bill of Materials.

You can also reference a previous production order as the “Source” but that does not help with estimating current material and labor cost unless we go through the trouble of creating a plan type production order.

For custom jobs, sometimes we have to adjust the production details on the fly and we would like to be able to easily save and copy those details if we need to copy the job.

icon

Best answer by SeanCooper 26 July 2023, 23:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @nathantrauscht 

There is currently nothing to copy from Production Orders to BOM’s. It only goes one way and that is BOM’s to Production Orders. 

I think you could create a product idea as I know this would be useful. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @nathantrauscht 

It’s not a perfect workflow but you could create an Estimate from a completed Production Order, then use the estimate to create the BOM. The Estimate would allow you to change the finished good inventory ID and some other details prior to creating the BOM.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@SeanCooper I was not aware of this workflow, I will give it a try thank you!

@kandybeatty49 I agree, I will certainly post this as a product idea. I think it would be a great value adder.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Since the Production Details is based on the BOM (for the Production Order inventory ID) you could copy that BOM to a new BOM using the Copy BOM feature and then make changes to the materials as required for the same or new product.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved