Solved

Configurator attributes not being populated on production order when created from MRP

After creating a sales order and entering attribute details from the configurator demand is created in MRP.  Next, from the MRP display screen, we generate the Production orders.  The configuration attributes are not carrying over to the production order.  

How can we get the configurator details to be maintained?    

icon

Best answer by cwise52 29 July 2022, 03:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You should create the Production Order from the Sales Order to accurately pass the configuration entry details provided during the sales order process to the Production Order.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Kyle,

I do not believe that is a feature that is available yet. I want to follow this thread incase I am mistaken. We mark those items as “make to Order” on the stock item . MFG Tab. Then we create the productions directly from the sales order or use the create production orders screen. 

Chuck

Angie, the challenge is we do not want Sales to be involved in creation of the Production orders.  

Chuck, if you set these items up as Make to Order, would you also remove deselect MRP item?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can generate the Production Orders on the MFG side by using the Create Production Orders Process (AM510000).  The Production Order created will copy the configuration results from the associated Sales Order.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Kyle,

no I would leave the mrp flag on in order for mrp to blow through those production orders. We found it’s super helpful to customize the sales order screen to include the production order status. This way sales / customer service know if they can change / edit the order. General SOP, if the order is released you can not make edits to that line item without operations involvement. You can customize the sales screen further to prevent edits if you wanted to if the linked production orders are released. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved